- This Website
- Council Tax
Make a Payment
There are many different ways in which you can make a payment to the Council.
Direct Debit – If you make regular payments for Council Tax, Housing Rent or Business Rates, why not pay by Direct Debit? We can automatically collect agreed payments. To submit a Direct Debit form online please select one of the following links:
Please note that if you do not have access to a computer there is one available for use that is situated in the main reception at the Town Hall. Please ask at the reception desk if you wish to use the computer or require assistance.
- Building Notice - online application
- Building Control Full Plans Submission - online application
- Planning Pre-Application Advice Meeting
- Regularisation Certificate - online application
Licensing - Alcohol, Entertainment and Late Night Refreshment
- Amend/Request a Copy of a Personal Licence
- Club Premises Certificate Application
- Minor Variation of a Premises Licence
- Personal Licence Application
- Premises Licence Application
- Standard Temporary Event Notice
- Transfer of Premises Licence Application Form
- Variation of Designated Premises Supervisor
- Variation of a Premises Licence
Licensing – Taxis and Minicabs
- Miscellaneous (DBS, Door Signs, DVLA check, Knowledge test re-sit, Plate Holders,Replacements, Vehicle Inspections) Payment Form
- Taxi Driver Licence – Apply or Renew
- Taxi Vehicle Licence – Apply or Renew
- Penalty Charge Notice (received in a car park)
- Penalty Charge Notice (received on the street) (administered by Chelmsford City Council for South Essex Parking Partnership)
- Renew Car Park Season Ticket
Telephone – 0345 200 1173 is our dedicated 24 hour automated telephone line for payments. (Currently available for Council Tax, car park parking fines, housing rent, housing benefit overpayment, Council invoices and business rates).
Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02). Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 40p per minute depending on your network provider. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.
“PayPoint” – (Council Tax, Business Rates & Housing Rent only) Payment cards can be used at any Post Office or at any PayPoint outlet in the UK. Paying is easy, just hand your card to the cashier together with your cash or cheque and you will be given a receipt. If you have more than one account with the Council, you will receive a separate card to be used for each account.
If you wish to apply for a payment card to pay Housing Rent, please complete a PayPoint application form.
Home or telephone banking
The Council’s bank is:
Lloyds Bank PLC
Sort Code: 30-91-17
Account Number: 01731291
Account Name: Brentwood Borough Council
Reference No. - Please quote your reference number e.g. Council Tax number
Alternatively - You can pay by debit/credit card over the phone for Council services (office hours only) by contacting the relevant Council department.
By cheque – Like many organisations, we prefer people to make payment by electronic methods rather than by cheque, if possible. If you do not have bank account or credit/debit card – you can buy a postal order from your local post office.
Cheque and postal order payments should be made out to Brentwood Borough Council and sent to the Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY (please write on the reverse your name/address and the reference number you are paying for).