- This Website
- Public Rights of Way
- Countryside Walks - Hartswood Access Trail (2.1 Mb)
- Countryside Rides in Brentwood - Warley and South Brentwood Woodlands (0.34 Mb)
- Countryside Rides in Brentwood - Curtis Mill Green, Kelvedon Hatch and South Weald (0.36 Mb)
- Countryside Rides in Brentwood - Herongate, Ingrave, Hutton and Mountnessing (0.31 Mb)
- Countryside Rides in Brentwood - Mill Green and Blackmore (0.26 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Weald and Navestock (1.15 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Warley (1.61 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Thorndon and Childerditch (1.84 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Navestock (1.05 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Pilgrims Hatch (0.93 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Mill Green (2.17 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Blackmore and Norton Mandeville (1.16 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Hutton and Herongate (0.95 Mb)
- Countryside Walks - Ingatestone & Mountnessing (0.99 Mb)
Walking, Riding and Cycling
Brentwood's Healthy walking scheme Health Trax is a free health walk programme that has been running for over 10 years. The scheme is run by volunteer walk leaders supported by Brentwood Borough Council, Macmillan and Ramblers. Health Trax provides safe walking routes around local parks and countryside led by trained volunteers.
Do you enjoy walking? Want to meet new friends? Have you got 1hr free a week? why not train as a volunteer walk leader? for one of our free walks in Brentwood
Contact 01277 312500 for more info ....
Why Walk for Health?
Regular walks can:
- Reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Aid weight loss
- De-stress and relax
- Improve stamina and endurance
- Strengthen bones
Each walk has at least two trained leaders to take up front and back stop, which means you can walk at a pace that suits you. Walking is a free and easy way to better health, it's safe and simple way to meet new people and make friends.
Everyone is welcome especially if you have or have experienced:
- High blood pressure/cholesterol
- Coronary heart disease/stroke
- Inactivity/lack of energy
- Recovering from surgery
A good pair of shoes is the only equipment you'll need, choose any shoes that are comfortable, provide good support and won't cause blisters.
During the summer period it is important to remember to wear a hat, use sun protection and carry fluids to drink before, during and after your walking session.
If it is your first walk, it is a good idea to turn up early and make yourself known to the walk leaders. At this point you will be asked to complete a short health questionnaire; if there is any doubt we will ask you to get formal consent from your doctor for your own safety. If you do have any health conditions it is best if you check with your doctor before starting the walks.
Health Trax Walks
* Mondays - Hutton Country Park Health Walk - 11am
Walk begins at 11am at Wash road, (small free car park) opposite Tallon road 30 - 40min slow - medium pace walk. Please Note: This walk runs from the beginning of March to the end of November.
** Tuesdays - King George's Park - 11am
11am start, meet near cafĂ© in park. Walks run all year round. 1 hour medium - brisk walk through Hartswood and nearby woodlands.
*** Wednesdays - Doddinghurst - 10am
10am start from Doddinghurst village hall (free parking) Walks run all year round. 1 - 1.5 hrs (+) along countryside footpaths. Medium - brisk pace, longer walks which go over stiles and across fields using right of way paths.
*Wednesday evenings - Brentwood Leisure Centre (Doddinghurst Road, Brentwood - CM15 9NN)
Meet at the main entrance for a 6pm start for a 45 minute slow paced walk. Through Pilgrims Hatch and surrounding areas on flat ground. Suitable for beginners and those with mental health conditions. Delivered by the Fitness In Mind Team.
(30 minute short walk option available upon request.)
Health Trax - Key
* 30 - 40 minute walk aimed at those new to or returning to exercise
** 1 hour walks at a slightly brisker pace aimed at new to regular walkers
*** 1.5 - 2 hour walks for the more adventurous walkers
Remember all walks are free so there is nothing stopping you enjoying the fresh air and all the benefits that come along with walking; you're in safe hands as all walks are led by trained volunteers.
For more information on walks or to become a walk leader please contact Brentwood Borough Council on: 01277 312500 or contact Zara on 01277 312801.
Useful health walk and activity websites
Health rides, Geo-caching